Friday, August 11, 2017

You and Me Anniversary Card


Today is the 27th anniversary of the day I married my DH and if you take a look inside this card, you will see how I feel about that decision:


I have never regretted that decision in the 27 years we have been married, so I know I am blessed. 

I was inspired by this card by my friend Verna because I thought it was so pretty with the foil embossed with a wood embossing folder. To make mine, I put a piece of Amber Watercolor Deco Foil on a piece of Deco Foil Toner Sheet (both by Therm O Web) and ran it through a hot laminator. I embossed it with a new embossing folder from Stampin' Up called Pinewood Planks. IRL it is lovely and textured with the embossing, but very difficult to photograph. I used a heart die from Tonic Studios to emboss the heart shape in SU wood cardstock and sanded the heart to resemble a heart carved on a tree. I die cut "you & me" using a Little B die and attached it along with some gold sticker gems. I added a strip of black cardstock behind the Deco Foil piece to help it stand out. 

I think my husband will like it... Orange is his favorite color and the sentiment is so true:)

Thanks for helping me #spread the joy of creativity!

5 comments:

Celeste Goff said...

Great card! Happy Anniversary to you both!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Fantastic card and a happy anniversary to both of you.

Fikreta said...

happy anniversary!
its wonderful card!
hugs

kiwimeskreations said...

Stunning card Karen - love the embossed foil and the matching paper, and your 'carved heart'. Congratulations on 27 years - we made it to 43 yrs and two days before Hubby passed, and I never regretted my choice either.
Blessings
Maxine

Julia Sandvoss said...

This turned out fantastic and congrats to you and your hubby!