Monday, June 5, 2017

Karen Burniston New Pop up Dies Series - Day Two


If you follow my blog at all, you know I love playing with interactive and unique card folds and one of the most popular in the last year or so has been the twist panel pop up fold. I watched countless tutorials on different ways to score and cut the twist and pop panels and tried many to find one that worked easily. I found a relatively easy version, but even then the panels most often ended up being crooked when the card was complete. I am so thrilled that one of the new dies that Karen Burniston recently released is her 1009 Twist Panel Pop Up Die Set. If you visit her website, for each die she has a video tutorial that walks you through exactly how to use her dies with great tips and a PDF version you can print as well. 

Today is day two of my series of cards featuring Karen Burniston's new dies. If you missed my first post, here is a link. I recently purchased a super cute new baby set of stamps from My Favorite Things and a couple cute baby dies. On the front of this new baby card, I die cut pink and blue Nursery Mobiles from Tonic Studios, layered them slightly offset and attached. I created a belly band and stamped the Welcome Baby sentiment (from My Favorite Things) and added some Blue Crush Nuvo Glow Drops. As is the case with most of Karen's dies, the real magic happens when the belly band is slid off and the inside of the card is revealed:


Here the twist panel is starting to open and you can see the arms that are created so easily using Karen's Twist Panel Pop Up die pieces. 

I recently purchased a super cute baby laundry die from Glitz Dies and die cut it out of a yellow checked dp. I added some baker's twine and hung it across the four panels created with the dies in this set. I thought the dotted scalloped panel pieces were perfect for a baby card. I cut the yellow inside piece out with the wavy edge die piece and cut the arms in the center following Karen's video tutorial. (You can make your card any size you want of course. I made my top folding green cardbase an A2 or 11" x 4 1/4". I cut the yellow inside piece 9" by 4" and then cut the top and bottom with the wavy dotted die in the set.) I stamped more sweet baby sentiments on the top and bottom of the inside piece. Here is a close up of the baby laundry and the twist panel pop up inside:


I am entering this in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Anything Goes Challenge. Come back all this week for new cards featuring the spring release at Karen Burniston.com.

Thanks for helping me #spread the joy of creativity!


4 comments:

Lisa Walsh @ www.papercraftbusiness.com said...

Hi Karen,
I love your interactive card. Love the colours you have used :) I only just recently made one as well that was quite out of my 'style' but I am quite happy with the way it turned out :) Thank you for sharing.

XO Lisa @ Papercraft Business Blog

Join our friendly Papercraft Facebook group.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Fun, fun baby card. Love the action in it when opened.

Virginia L. said...

So intricate!! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

Golden Goddess Designs said...

another great card, gotta have this die too!

Alicia