Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Nuvo Gilding Flakes Homework for Sparkle and Shine Online Class

I made another card with the mix of Nuvo gold, silver and copper gilding flakes and the Day 4 lesson at Online Card Classes on how to use gilding flakes with stamped images. I learned how to stamp the image (in this case the gorgeous Belle Boutique Sweet Sashay stamp from Tonic Studios) with Versamark and then apply a sticky powder to that image. I chose Stamp N Bond from Stampendous. I was taught in the class to let the heat gun get good and hot and then melt the powder quickly moving as soon as it melts to another spot. After it cooled just a bit, I rubbed on the lovely mix of gold, silver and copper Nuvo Gilding Flakes and my bride sparkles beautifully. I also adhered a strip of two sided tape down the side of my black card base and burnished in the same pretty mix of gilding flakes. I stamped "forever" from Tonic's Best Friends Forever stamp set to complete the front of my wedding card. Here is a close up look at the gilding flakes and the inside of the card:





Thanks for helping me #spread the joy of creativity!

2 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

ohhh - gorgeous!!!
Blessings
Maxine

Verna Angerhofer said...

So beautiful!